Purpose of my Life

Tuesday, September 20, 2005
Life – Purpose: Today's Gospel (Luke 8:16-18) emphasises that a "lamp" is to shed light in darkness. Likewise, when God gave us the gift of life, we are to live it meaningfully. Every talent and time is to be used for God's glory. Every task is to be done in God's ways. How are you living your daily life?

This reminds me of a mid-20s crisis that I had last year - that was before I came to know my Lord. Now, this question has been answered. =)


Just over the weekend, I went for a retreat. The theme was “Why I am” … why I am the way I am, how can I improve, how can I be a better person, how is God asking me to be the person He wants me to become … these were all the thoughts that I am asking myself from Friday night till now…

We were each given a scripture to read and we then broke into groups to discuss the role of each character. Our group reading was on “Martha and Mary” (from Luke). During the sharing, I realized that Mary and Martha are like a mirror image of me. Martha represents my busy, worried and irritated self while Mary is a side that I should strive to become – to spend time with God and not be too bothered with the worldly things. This is because, if I just focus my attention on Jesus, my life will be well taken care of.

On Saturday, we were then asked to search deeper – what I want and we got to petition it to God, the Holy Spirit … we have a mini support prayer group. This session was good as it encouraged one of the girls in the group to open up. At first, she was hesitant to share but after we prayed for her, she was overwhelmed with the Holy Spirit that she started to share. I must say that God touches us in His special way … =)

We were then guided to reflect on how God wants us to become… we were given plasticine to make our sculptures … I made for myself a torch ... I want to be His light, to live meaningfully to spread love, His words and sing praises of Him. The Lord is great and only He is steadfast in His love towards Man.

The retreat was indeed time well spent! We all enjoyed ourselves. Praise be to Lord!
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 1:30 PM, |

0 Comments: