What is Love?

Wednesday, September 21, 2005
Stumbled on this from my friend’s website “Love is simple,it's human that makes it complicated … all they want is just something from that special person.But why not think it this way,"What i can give him/her?"

Interesting tots coming from a 23 year old (hmm, kids nowadays are more mature.)

It is so true that in our daily lives, we are always searching for love – to be loved, and to love. In the course of loving, we want our special someone to do things for us instead of asking ourselves what we can do for them. Is this a selfish kind of loving? He further came up with this formula: “Communication = (Love + Time + Commitment) / k. Communcation takes love, time and commitment to make it happen. But still there is a variable 'K'. K equals to how responsive is that person. You still need 2 hands to clap. Lastly, the result should be equal to 1 or near to 1. So the amt of things put in, divided by the equal reponsiveness. 1 Complete communication.”

His thoughts set me thinking – about my relationship with my boyfriend, my family and the people around me. Misunderstandings arise because of poor or no communication. Being in a competitive society, we often want our love ones to do something special so that we can “show off” in front of our girlfriends, family members etc. I am no saint to say that such tots are wrong – we are ultimately human. However, what I need to do is to see how I can change my perspective – to love more than to be loved.

Human love cannot be compared to the love God has for Man… somewhere is the Bible, there is a verse that says that “For God so love Man that He sent His only Son to die for our sins on the cross” and Jesus, being a good son who loves His Father willingly does His will and it is only through Jesus that we can get close and intimate with God and be showered with God’s love.

This is the love (loving God) that we should all strive to become, I suppose. =)
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 4:35 AM, |

2 Comments:

  At September 20, 2005 1:37 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
thanks for your encouragement and recommendation. I feel better when i received honest and helpful comments on my blog. I lost a fren to christianity. He was so involved that I dun think we have anything much to talk abt when we meet..he is trying to preach me aggressively until I felt withdrawn. I rejected him a couple of times cos I have to be filial to my late parents as they were buddhists and I have to continue offer prayer to them as a form of filial peity..sometimes in life we are left with no choice..this fren of mine has stopped talking to me as he told me that god has asked him to leave me until I am willing to believe in god..so sad