Lent...

Monday, March 03, 2008
Does anyone of you feel the same as me?

I realised that when it comes to Advent or Lent ... the temptation to sin is very great ...

During these times, the bad, sinister side of me is raring to go .... hurt someone, be selfish etc ...

When will the day comes before I can be fully converted?

Yesterday's homily, Father said that Jesus did not come to tell us not to sin (something like that) but He comes to show us the way ...

I know I am weak and I can only rely on Him for the strength to rid my old self and to be a better person ...

I always have to remind myself ... last week, I was so touched during communion when they sang Great is the love here .... The song spoke about how Jesus humbled himself to wash the feet of his disciples and he wants us to do the same ...

As I reflected on the words, I felt so ashamed of myself suddenly ... it just feels that I am a worse off person than before baptism ...

Anyway, I am glad that God chose that song to speak to me ... I reflected, and asked Him for the strength to walk on and yesterday's readings told me that I should not see things with my own eyes coz God's standard is very different from Man's ...

Thank you Lord for your love for me, for showing me that I should look to you for directions... in my relationship with the people around me. Lord, continue to guide me and let me pass on your love to others as well.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 6:53 PM, |

0 Comments: