Juliet, Juliet ...

Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Knitting progress

Juliet has been sitting around for quite a while …

The lazy/enthusiastic me did not do a swatch … and thus, I ended up with a kid size Juliet …

The blur me did not realize that Japanese 6.0 is actually about 3.something mm and thus I was happily knitting away until I ended up with a kid size Juliet …

Again, the lazy me did not bother to find out if the yarn used was suitable …

Haiz…. So many discoveries …

Now I have the correct yarn (the label says 14sts and 19 rows) and the correct needles for the yarn … (at first, both fides and Stephanie was quite concern abt the choice of needles – how can u use such a fat needles for such a thin yarn???? But I told them – the instruction said so … hee, the accountant in me shone through…)

So last nite, I began knitting … still very tempted not to do the swatch … but I decided to do a swatch to see how it will go …

I did the swatch …. Damn! My tension is too tight!!! I ended up having 18 stitches instead of 14 and 20-something rows instead of 20 …. Duh … should I get another pair of needles? If so, 7mm or 7.5mm or 8mm…

Talked to my colleague this morning … she said ‘aiya, you just modify along the way lor …”

So, I am going to try knitting an M …. Since my tension is rather tight, I might end up with a S… and according to the instructions, size M requires about 7 balls of yarn BUT I only bought 6 and there dun seem to have any more stock left ….

So much so for my knitting adventure …

Wish me luck!

p.s I decided not to take lesson but to figure things out on my own … coz the teacher never teaches into such details .. She merely spoon feed me … do it, do that, and buy this yarn for this pattern and this needle …

Labels: ,

 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 12:34 PM, |

0 Comments: