Life's demands ...

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Strange how things are happening around me –first, I read about Mary and Martha and just today, a friend called me to complain about her new boss and from reading from my friends’ blog that (thanks to the advance of technology, we are able to know what are happening to friends from reading their blogs) they are feeling tired, and burdened – from office politics, family issues, no time for this, no time for that … the list just goes on.


For myself, I want to be able to spend more time with myself, my friends (who are not feeling very well due to work stress), my mum, my family members, my boyfriend and my grandma – especially my grandma as I realized that I have not visited her for a long time and age is catching up on her and of course God. By spending time to blog, I hope this will be a first step to spending more time with Him (of course, I still need to have my own quiet time with Him to hear His words.)

Today’s Gospel reading is this:-

Luke 8:19-21 (New International Version)

Jesus' Mother and Brothers

19Now Jesus' mother and brothers came to see him, but they were not able to get near him because of the crowd. 20Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to see you."

21He replied, "My mother and brothers are those who hear God's word and put it into practice."

And the reflection is about being CROWDED:-

From www.veritas.org.sg
”His mother and brothers came to be with Him, but they could not reach Him because of the crowd. Luke 8:19

How many of us are crowded? Our lives, minds, and schedules are crowded. We have so many demands pressing in on us. We can hardly breathe. We feel crowded out from Jesus. We can’t seem to reach Him. We feel on the outside looking in (Lk 8:20).

What can we do before were crushed by the crowd? We can obey Jesus, hear Gods word, act upon it (Lk 8:21), and give our lives, minds, and schedules to the Lord. Jesus never gives us more than we have time for. He never overextends us, although sometimes we know this only by faith and not by sight (2 Cor 5:7). There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every affair under the heavens (Eccl 3:1). Jesus gives us sufficient strength (Phil 4:13) for what He has called us to do.

Jesus promises: Come to Me, all you who are weary and find life burdensome, and I will refresh you. Take My yoke upon your shoulders and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble of heart. Your souls will find rest (Mt 11:28-29). Rather than the crowd keeping us from Jesus, He keeps us from the crowd of worldly confusion.”

This is God speaking to me, telling me what I need to do and telling me how I can share this with my friends. Indeed, I was sharing Matthew 11:28-29 with some of my friends. I hope that this will touch them/inspire them in one way or another.


Lord, thank you for reaching out to me and letting me read and understand Your Word. Though I have sinned in my toughts, in what I have done or what I have failed to do, Father, I pray for Your forgiveness. I lift up my schedules, demands from my daily life, and busy mind to You. Father, guide me to do Your will and may my personal relationship with You keep me from being crowded. Lord, let me hear you loud and clear. Father, I thank you for calling out to me, for loving me. Father, for all my friends who are struggling with the demands in their daily life, for my friends who are feeling tired and burdened, I pray that they will/are able to find strength and peace in Your shelter. I pray all these through Jesus Christ, AMEN.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 1:39 PM, |

0 Comments: