My tots: weekend 7,8,9 Oct 2005

Monday, October 10, 2005
another weekend has just passed by.

it had been a fruitful week - spent time with my mum, met up with friends, went Mass, spent time with my dearie and his family. well, this has sort of become a routine but as i feel that i get older, times with family members becomes more precious. next step will be to spend time with my grandma.

_________________________________________________________________

i am really thankful to God for sending me such a nice bf. He is neither rich nor famous but i can sense that he loves me lots and through life's experiences, i have learnt to let go of some superficial stuff and learn to appreciate the small things in life. He is just what i need to keep my feet firmly on the ground. My GOD really knows what is best for me and He has given me just what i need. (Thank you Father.)

__________________________________________________________________

Dating does not mean he needs to bring me to a fanciful restaurant everytime we go out.
Dating does not mean that we need to be @ Orchard Road all the time.
I am thankful for his listening ear, patience and understanding.
I am thankful for that i can have breakfast, lunch, dinner with this special person - it can be at a food court, a coffee shop or some restaurant when we feel like giving ourselves little treats.
i am thankful for the fact that we are able to give each other support when either one of us is feeling down. this makes life easier.

best of all, i am thankful that we are both walking with Jesus. Sharing the same faith makes things so wonderful for us. though i admit that there are times when one of us is slacker than the other, but as long as we are walking together and continue to encourage each other along the way, Jesus will lend his hand to guide us.
__________________________________________________________________

Today, at Mass, this verse stood out...
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"Phil4:13


Indeed. Ever since i have accepted the Lord into my life, He has done many wonders for me. I used to be a petty, stubborn person, always wanting things to be done my way and bearing grudges. but now, i feel that these things are actually not worth fretting over or getting annoyed/angry about. instead, i should see things from His view, with lots of love and forgiveness. I am learning. though it is easier to be nasty to the other person but i want to try to really live His way.

__________________________________________________________________

earlier this morning, before attending Mass, i had a tot - taking up his cross is not easy. It means i have to give up certain things on my part - giving up my easy life. how can all this be possible when it is easier to walk on a dark broad path without God than the lighted narrow and winding path with God. probably He has heard my tots and the verse above is meant for me - yes, I need to put realistic and tremendous faith in Him for it is through Him that i will be strengthed and do His will. Without His help, i am nothing. All that I have now come from Him.

__________________________________________________________________

these are just all my tots for the day. right now, they may not make sense but maybe when i read this again sometime later, it will make some sense.


Have a good nite rest. and be charged for tomorrow's challenges!
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 2:55 PM, |

0 Comments: