The power of sharing & prayers

Saturday, October 01, 2005
Lately, I have been feeling troubled – troubled my things that will happen many months down the road (about 1.5yrs – 2yrs down the road). This is me – sometimes worrying about such bo liao things. (Faith not big yet I suppose?)

Last night Father T. shared with us that we should not pray for a smooth journey. Instead, we should pray for God to shower us with His graces to overcome whatever obstacles ahead. I agree with him. It is only through trials and tribulations that one will be able to mature and grow.

During break time, a lady came up and shared with me her journey with our beloved God (she had read about my post in the group and only managed to see me last night – ha ha). She had faced persecution from her mum (who even threatened to commit suicide if she dares go for her baptism) Of course she was frightened to death! She shared her situation with her priest who offered to pray together with her. They prayed and on the day of her baptism, her mum actually wanted to see her daughter being baptised! =)

This is just so wonderful.

Through these sharing, I realised that I should put more faith in Him, let Him do the work while I do my part to be more filial.

Looking back, I realised that I have missed out certain points in my desire to follow Him. I have ignored my parents’ feelings toward a faith totally different from what they were brought up to believe in. Like what my boy boy said, I am shaking up their beliefs – a belief that they had been guide for the past 40 years. I have been too impatient and too head strong.

The lady shared with me on how she still let her mum feels comfortable – like by helping her to do marketing, even folding the papers for praying. The message is, to respect her and her religion just like I want her to respect mine. (Yes, in my eagerness, I have overlooked this.) God says to honour my parents. He did not ask me to convert them overnight or to disown them. Yes, I shall do my part and God will take care of the rest in His own time.

Thanks for sharing part of your journey with me.

Father, I confess my sins to you, in failing to put 100% trust in You and trying to do things my own ways. I am short-sighted and I complained too much. Father, please grant me Your graces and that I will love my parents and respect them and be Your testimonial. In Jesus name I pray, AMEN.

P.S the mum received God’s call and was baptised a year before her death…..
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 2:26 AM, |

0 Comments: