How to live a happy life?

Saturday, April 01, 2006
For some reason, I was feeling irritated, angry and frustrated at the beginning of the week – totally unhappy and in a mood to fire (at poor dearie of course :P). However, as I turned to the pages of the bible, Holy Spirit guided me to the following … Proverbs 15&16– maxims for happiness …. Well, Proverbs is one book that I rarely touched but with the guidance from the Holy Spirit, the following verses cheered me up and renewed my faith in Him and enable to see the world in a new light… Praise be to God!

Proverb 15
A gentle answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.
The tongue of the wise commends knowledge,
but the mouth of the fool gushes folly.
Plans fail for lack of counsel,
but with many advisers they succeed.

Proverb 16
The plans of the mind belong to mortals,
but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.
Commit your work to the Lord,
and your plans will be established.

By loyalty and faithfulness iniquity is atoned for,
and by the fear of the Lord one avoids evil.
Better is a little with righteousness
than large income with injustice.
The human mind plans the way,
but the Lord directs the steps.
Those who are attentive to a matter will prosper,
and happy are those who trust in the Lord.


Thank you Lord for being here for me. Thank you Lord for all your blessings and your unconditional love for me. Lord, help me to love all those whom you sent to me (especially Pete) and help me to walk in your light. Lord, thank you for telling me that my fears are unfounded as you already have a plan for me and you are directing each and my every step in my daily life. Lord, I trust you and I believe that you are with me all this while. Thank you Lord through Jesus Christ, AMEN.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 7:46 AM, |

0 Comments: