Lousy Monday

Tuesday, July 18, 2006
I was so angry today.

I was trying to tell the people that they should follow procedure and should not compromise internal control just because the contractor wants to play punk and wants us to pay him, shifting the blame on the poor engineer that he held up the job.

It was a battle of me – a puny executive – against someone more powerful. The other powerful people just kept quiet in the loop – well, probably they have their own concern.

Anyway, instead of digesting what I had written, this fella (I would rather say “this bloody idiot with shit in his head”) said that we should be acting on instructions rather than preaching.

Oh! I was shocked to see this coming from someone in that position.

Realising that it is fruitless for me to talk to him, I shut him out and went to do other work and let my boss handle the situation.

What he wrote really made me see red (my mood was already quite bad today)… I so badly wanted to reply to him and cc to the whole world – I AM NOT HERE TO PREACH and NEITHER DO I JUST TAKE INSTRUCTIONS, ESPECIALLY STUPID, SILLY INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

After reflection, I concluded – I am not good for people with pride.

Another colleague tried to antagonize me today as well. She thinks she knows everything – well, I do admit that she does know everything but her knowledge of everything will not be forever the same and I just told her that why things can work during her time and will not work when I am in charge is because things have changed. Having heard what I said, she just mumbled something.

Why cant people be humble? I just want to do my job – I am not interested in any office politics. If you think I am here to snatch your position, please wake up your bloody idea … if you think you are good, then show the bosses, dun do such silly things …

It’s really a lousy Monday.

But thank God, this verse stood out – The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?

Yes, I shall fear no one as long as my conscience is clear and I am doing the correct thing.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 8:01 PM, |

0 Comments: