A new calling?

Monday, July 03, 2006
There were many couples during this retreat… at first, I was quite apprenhensive/withdrawn.
Would it be like the retreats that I have been to? For one, I missed the familiar faces. I told Pete – it feels funny not to see familiar faces – faces like Aurelia etc .. those whom we can easily joked with and those whom we can easily offer our hugs.

So much so for the first impression.

For the next two days, I saw how couples work together, stay together and served together. I am seeing this sign everywhere as we are preparing for our wedding .. not sure if Pete had noticed but I did.

From the bridal studio we go to, the make up, the hair and even to Pete’s tailor … all these businesses are run by husband and wife team.

Even in this retreat, we see couples (some are even non-catholics!) serving happily, spreading their love and opening sharing their experience with us.

During this time, I was touched. I thought that God has given much to these people and they have in turn selflessly gave it back to us ‘newbies’. I feel the urge to serve in the EE community together with Pete… It should be fun and enriching and help us to grow as a couple – a single unit together with Christ….

As usual, some may say that I am just using my heart to think and not my head and I may get bogged down with too much of such activities and this passion will be “short lived”.

I need to pray about this … if they call us up, then it is God’s will ….and let His will be done! =)
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 7:17 AM, |

0 Comments: