The Lord is my Shepherd, there is nothing I shall want ...(Psalm 23)

Monday, November 21, 2005
Psalm 23 is one of my favourite psalms. It gives me strength and always leads me back to Jesus... I feel comforted whenever this psalm is sung during Mass or reading it on my own. =)

Today is the day that I took my faith a step further - from an inquirer to a Catechumen ... I am still not used to be called by my new status. Ha-ha. I cannot believe that I am this far into my faith. Actually all this are possible through God. =)

We were not briefed about what or how we are supposed to react during today Mass. We just followed the instructions from Father and the faciliators. We were supposed to walk down the aisle in group of four. When I was walking down, I felt like I was getting married - yes, getting married to the Church, to the community and lastly getting married to Jesus! Like what my fellow bro & sis-in Christ shared, this simple rite is like a dedication to each of us. We were all special in our own way and we are all here for a purpose. Us coming to St. Anthony, Us joining RCIA, and us taking part in the Rite of Acceptance. All these did not happen by chance. It is God's way of guiding us to walk together with Him. It feels so nice/wonderful and I feel so blessed that I receive His Calling. *Thank you Father*

Signs of the Cross were made on each of us by Father T. (on our foreheads) and on our eyes, ears, lips, left chest, shoulders, hands and feet. The feeling is so wonderful. I wanted to cry – tears of happiness. When Father T made the sign of the Cross of my forehead, it felt so warm and fuzzy. It is like God welcoming me home and when the facilitator made the signs of the cross on my ears etc, I felt that I have moved on to a more serious stage in my journey of Faith. It is like I am taking up His Cross on my shoulder, letting Him be the master of my life (His yoke), that I should learn to see things from His point of view, my words should be to spread the Good News, my ears to listen to Him, my hands and feet to walk His walk and do His work and He lives in my heart.

Hmmmm, what a wonderful feeling.

This Rite has significant meaning for me. A rite, if filled with purpose, can be very meaningful. I used to think that such rites are a waste of time but now I think that rite is a way to further reinforce into us some special meaning. Just like tonight, by the way of this Rite of Acceptance, I felt that I am moving closer to God and just like Psalm 23, the Lord is my Shepherd and I shall not be in want. During the homily, we were encouraged to look to Jesus at the beginning and end of each day and our lives will change for the better. Well, no harm trying. With an open heart, let Jesus come in to our lives and let Him perform miracles in our lives. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. … Glory be to God!




p.s thank you friends for all your well wishes, and for you who had made the effort to come and share my joy. Thank you dear dear for being here with me, thank you Francis, Aurelia, and fellow Romans who had in one way or another encouraged me =) Thank you Father for all your blessings and gifts that you have showered me with. Thank you Father… =)

p.p.s quite "coincidentally", the bro who did the sign of the cross for me is called Francis.. the name of my favourite Saint. =)
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 2:50 PM, |

0 Comments: