Soli Deo Gloria

Saturday, November 26, 2005
Soli Deo Gloria …. Soli Deo Gloria …. This hymn continued to ring in my head from last night till this morning.

I searched the net, hoping to find the lyrics of this beautiful hymn (the trumpets, musical arrangement and even the quietness towards the end part of the hymn is so very nice …..).

Instead of finding the lyrics, I came upon this beautiful blog.

Reading her blog, one can feel the beauty of Christ and the beautiful things He has given and is still giving to her beautiful family.

Erm, I hope you dun mind me sharing about your blog here. I just feel that I need to spread this to all my friends.

There is this particular post that I like – being in contentment.

Many a times, we complain – we complain about

1. Weather - “why do we need to get off bed and come to work when it is a good day to sleep in?”
2. Salary - my cost per minute is decreasing by the fact of the number of overtime I got to put in ....
3. Job - why am I still stuck in this lousy job ... when will I be promoted?
4. the house we live in - not designer stuff, no garden, no swimming pool etc


the list can go on.


Why not look at it from a brighter side? We should be thankful

Thankful that

1. Jesus loves me
2. I have a loving family (ya, though we would quarrel =P)
3. A boyfriend who loves me for just who I am (err … I hope I am not wrong here *ha-ha*), despite me being blur, forgetful, petty and untidy
4. I am alive, well and kicking!
5. I have a stable job, a supporting boss and colleagues
6. I am surrounded with lots of bros & sis-in-Christ
7. I have enough to spend.
8. I can read, write, eat, sleep and play
9. I am living in Singapore - clean, safe etc

The list goes on….

Let’s take a step back from all our rush-rush today and start counting our blessings. =)

Thank you Jesus for always looking after me, bringing me back to you when I have strayed or I am going to stray. Thank you for all the blessings and the graces that you have showered upon me. Thank you for dying on the Cross for us so that we can be redeemed from Death/Sin. Thank you ….. Thank you ….. Soli Deo Gloria ….Soli De-o Glo-Ri-A ......
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 5:21 AM, |

0 Comments: