Amazing Grace IV : God's Love for me.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005
I was telling my friend wondering why I kept thinking about Amazing Grace. He told me that there might be something in store for me – just that it had not been made clear to me then.

I received my answer at Christmas midnight Mass.

When we walked into the Church, there was a pair of big hands mounted on the wall – it’s just like God reaching out to us. After the readings and the homily, we were told to close our eyes and reflect on the pair of hands.

I thought that the pair of hands reminds me of God reaching out to pick me up. The Hands that had began healing me a year ago and now the same pair of Hands is guiding me.

While concentrating on these thoughts, I heard shouts of praise by the youths – “Thank you Father”, “we love you Father” etc. All these praises just drive home the point that God loves us so much, so much. It makes me so thankful to God. I am thankful for His Love and for all the blessings that I have received. What I am having now would be impossible without His Amazing Grace. God wants to be our friend. He wants us to know that He loves us – whether we are FAT, THIN, ROUND, etc. He loves us all the same. It was so touching that I began to tear (unexpectedly).

This is the most wonderful and meaningful Christmas in my twenty plus years of existence.

Thank you Father. Thank you Father for loving us so unconditionally. Loving us to the extent of sending Your one and only Son to die for us on the Cross. He had not sinned but He does Your Will. You gave us your Son, not to judge us but to save us through Him. Thank you so much for loving me and healing me. I am not perfect but You love me nevertheless. Without You, I am nothing. You have given me life. I lift up my thanks to you through Jesus Christ my Shepherd. AMEN.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 8:04 AM, |

0 Comments: