Joy - Xi(3) Yue(4)

Monday, December 12, 2005
Today is the 3rd Sunday of Advent.

The third Sunday of Advent is called Gaudete Sunday, or Rejoice Sunday. It's time to 'rejoice in the Lord'! (Phil 4:4) [from Veritas, 11/12/05)

Indeed - there are lots of things to rejoice – Rejoice because God loves me. Rejoice because God is with me even though I am in the most shitty situation. Rejoice because I have someone steadfast to lean on, someone who has the really big picture for me and knows what is best for me. Rejoice!

Reminds me of the hymn that we used to sing during our JC days.

That was the day that the GCE O level results would be released and the hymn sung went like this:-

“This is the day,
This is the day that the Lord has made,
That the Lord has made,

We will rejoice, we will rejoice
And be glad in it, and be glad in it
For this is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it
For this is the day that the Lord has made.”

Yes. We should always give thanks for all the blessings that we had receive to our good Lord.
Even if we did not pass our O levels, that does not mean the end of the world. It only means that God has another path for us to take - another better path which may only be revealed to us in His own time.
Of course, I did not understand all these back then. But now I do... maybe just like the hymn Amazing Grace goes ... "amazing grace, how sweet the sound, who cures a wretch like me... i once was blind but now i see ..."

Thank you Father! Thank you so much!
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 2:35 PM, |

0 Comments: