My weekend in a nutshell

Monday, February 06, 2006

FRIDAY
Received an invitation by one of the bankers to watch ‘memoirs of a geisha’ at GV GOLD class. It was a rather “shiok” experience.

I thought the show was a bit draggy.

Hatsumomo (played by Gong Li) looks like a crazy woman – well, she got to look like one as she played a geisha who is consumed by jealously (too much jealously).

The Chairman – well, the director has been kind to him. He remains good-looking throughout the show despite having been through the world war.

Chiyo – Hmm, why did they choose her to play the role? And those blue eyes … imagine a chinese (or Japanese girl) with BLUE eyes….

Hmm, I still like reading the book. Nevertheless, thanx for the invitation. =)

SATURDAY

I went with my two crazy colleagues to have lunch at Royal Copenhagen. The food is not bad … and I think it is pretty affordable S$23 – with soup, main course and dessert and tea/coffee. I did not choose the set but I had fish fillet. It is very yummy.

I will definitely be going back there again – if you are interested, please go during lunch time as I was told that the price during dinner time is more expensive.


SUNDAY

There was a baptism going on – baptism for babies. There were two babies (one of babies belongs to Pete’s colleague). I told Pete that I want to see and it was rather touching.

Anyway, I was telling Pete that next time, I want to record down our baby/ies baptism so that I can show it to them when they are older. : )

I also met a nice lady who had openly shared her walk of faith with me. Life has not been easy but thank God coz He is always with her.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 7:47 PM, |

0 Comments: