Expectations

Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Supposed to go to check out LOM yesterday but I never make my way there.

Instead, I accompanied my dear to see the doctor. He has been sick for a few weeks and I could feel that he is happy that I had volunteered to accompany him to see the doc. (I suppose all of us like to feel sayang at times – be it boy or girl/man or woman.) Well, hope he gets well soon.
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~
Office has been quite busy lately – busy not because of work but busy because of people complaining about not being appreciated, not being given enough performance bonus, not being given enough increment.
Well, exactly how much is considered enough? It is a very subjective issue and what is the point of comparing and complaining (btw, we are not suppose to compare as it is an ultra-senstitive issue).
I thought one should be forward looking. If this place gives you so much unhappiness, then you need to consider if you want to look elsewhere. But one also need to ask yourself truthfully if there could have been areas which you could have done better.
I do not know how I ranked among all the executives but I am thankful for what was given to me. The amount is quite tidy and if I spend prudently and if nothing extraordinary comes along the way, I hope it can be enough to cover whatever necessary things I need to buy/provide.
I am thankful for His blessings. He fills me in areas that I am weak. He blesses me with a good boss and instead of complaining of things that she could have done for me, I focus on her plus points and how I can fit in so that there can be greater synergy. (It's all about GOD's GRACES, CHEMISTRY and TEAMWORK). Honestly speaking, she is one of the best bosses that I have worked for.
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for all Your wonderful and patience guidance, grace and blessings. I confess that I have sinned in my thoughts, my words, my actions and in things that I have failed to do and things that I have done. I ask for Your forgiveness. Lead me to be Your Light – to spread peace in the office – where there are complaints, unhappiness, teach me to say things that may dispel all these negative feelings. Lord, please help Peter to recover from his persistent cough and guide him through his work. Lord, I lift all these to You through Jesus Christ, AMEN.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 8:17 AM, |

0 Comments: