My God My Saviour

Saturday, May 20, 2006
While waiting for the rain to stop after I prayed, I wrote this: -

Last week’s BOW, we were told to reflect on the kind of role we play in the community and how we can be part of the community.

Well, for a start, I am with the Choir. Through this, I have made more friends and learnt to rely on God for His deliverance.

Also, by being in the community and serving God, I can re-charge myself so that I can better face the secular world.

Last night, Fr. Cyril shared on Luke chapter 10. I like Fr. C – he always gives insightful homily and shed more light to the Gospel.

Last night, he said that God is love and God is present everywhere – as long as there is love. Meaning, even if you are not a Christian, God is around and with them even though they may not acknowledge Jesus as their saviour.

This got us confused. If God is everywhere, then why must have us Christian?

One of us asked the question to Fr. The answer he gave was good. He said – God created universe and hence, God has control over all of us – be it Christian and non-Christian. The difference lies in the fact that non-Christian may not know the existence of God and hence it is the duty of Christian to spread the Good News.

Spreading the Good News does not mean raging war because it is a totally opposite concept of God (aka Love). We spread the good news by our behaviour, living with the community and showing them what love is, who is God and who is Jesus.

The talk by Fr enlightened me and this further brings a point when my friend said that the events at work are really complicating and it is difficult to be his light.

I shared with her that we can always go back to the Church to recharge ourselves so that we can be his light during office hours. God is good. As long as we are doing his work, even though the light may seems to be flickering and may go off anytime soon, I believe, as long as we keep our eyes onto Him, He – who forms us and knows our strengths – will keep us going.

Thank you Lord. Thank you for stopping the rain so that I can be on my way. I love you. AMEN.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 1:40 AM, |

0 Comments: