Thanksgiving

Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Supposed to be a long weekend but time just fly past!

It seems like time just zoomed past nowadays when I have grown older. 24 hours is not enough – for family, for friends, and for myself. : (

Here’s a quick update on what I have done this weekend.

Friday
- Celebration started in the afternoon when my colleague will be leaving us tomorrow. He has been with us for a few months and he is moving on as he had found another job – the prospects are better – according to him. Well, I will miss him but I also wish him well in his new job. =)

- Second round of celebration was for another colleague who has left. The reason for leaving was that there existed an expectation gap between her performance and her boss’s expectation. The ending was not very well but I think she has found a job and is on leave till next week … well, I am happy for her – she can move on to another job whereby her efforts will be better appreciated.

- Lord, watch over my friends as they move on to their new jobs.

Saturday
- Accompanied my mum for her morning walk. Relationship with her is like a yo-yo. I guess we were both adjusting to the changes that are currently going on. I suppose this is part of growing up.

- Remembered that the day I left for my retreat, the mood was not very good but thankfully, everything slowly eased back to normal after I returned from my retreat. Thank you Lord!
- Lord, continue to help to soften my mum’s stand and also my attitude towards the changes we are going through.

Sunday
- an exciting day – my friends are getting married and it is the first time that I am attending a Catholic wedding and I am singing with the Choir for their wedding! The songs they chose were so special and nice… =)

- Lord, may you shower your blessings on them and that they be more loving as the days go by!

Monday
- Spent a day with the “yeo family”. This is one big family from Pete Mum’s side. It’s heartwarming to see everyone gathering together and sharing the story of the family tree. Though I do not know most of them, it is amazing to see the beauty of life and God’s plan for human as in how a big a family can grow.

- Thank you Lord for this session of fellowship.
- met up with my ex-colleagues for dinner to catch up. These are a bunch of wonderful friends that I have made in my first job. Though all of us have left that place, we still keep constant touch. We still make the effort to remember each other birthday and meet up just for coffee.
- Thank you Lord for these friends that you have given to me!


Hmmm, actually just wanted to write down what I have done for this weekend but I ended up thanking God for all he has given to me! Yes, it is only right to give him thanks and praise!
Thank you Lord for all the wonderful blessings, grace and strength all these while. Lord, thank you for sending so many beautiful people into my life, thank you for my wonderful parents, for my wonderful brothers & sisters in Christ, thank you for sending me such a good boyfriend – though he may talk very loudly at times – Lord, grant me the graces to be the person you want me to be. Lord, I lift up all my prayers, thanksgiving and praises to you through Jesus Christ, AMEN!
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 7:02 AM, |

0 Comments: