God is generous

Friday, June 02, 2006

Last night’s topic was on Luke 11:9-15.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

We were asked to share on what these verses meant to us.

Simple verses but the meaning is significant – God is generous with his gifts, especially the gift of the Holy Spirit. God loves us so much that he sent his son to tell us about this heavenly love and when the son’s job is completed, he sent forth the Holy Spirit to be with us and to be our guide on earth.

Though I was yawning throughout yesterday’s session, I did feel good at the end of it.

Lord, thank you for your blessings and Lord, help me to be patient. Lord, help me to discern better the plans you have for me. Lord, help me to walk in your way instead of my own. Thank you Lord, I asked this in the name of Jesus Christ. AMEN.

 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 10:47 PM, |

0 Comments: