Why is it important to walk close with God

Friday, July 21, 2006
As usual, laziness and tiredness set in and I thought I should skip today’s class but at the back of my mind, I said give this time to God and maybe I would find something unexpected.

Indeed.

I have been feeling frustrated lately – maybe it is due to the monthly thing, maybe it is due to the fact that I have not been keeping in touch with God, maybe it is work stress and office politics, maybe it is due to my own pride, my desire to have the last say, my own fears, my own insecurities about my future ….

Because of this negative feeling, I have affected the people around me, I found that I cannot concentrate in reading the bible and understanding Him. I asked my friends to pray for me …

The prayers worked.

Today, I clicked onto the living word website and I found Him to be talking to me through Matthew – take on my yoke …. Yes, this was the passage that was speaking to me a year ago that I had shared with Jeslin. Today, it came back to me … for me, telling me to take on His yoke and not any others… how can I forget?

Maybe in the midst of closing the accounts and handling other things, I had neglected God and this have a negative impact on my life coz I had walked further from God …

During the session, it was about Dicipleship – that journey with Christ is like a journey on two railway tracks – we can be one side (happy, upward side) and another side on another day … 50 – 50 chance.

This session was wonderful as it shed much light to my current situation. God did not promise a smooth sailing life but He promises us that He will walk all the way with us if we are willing to walk with Him…

The speaker shared her experiences and she said even if the task is daunting and unimagineable, if it is His calling, just go for it and He will take care of it …. With God’s grace and providence, anything will be possible.

After the session, I took some time to spend time with God … I have not done that for a long time… though I thought of going to talk to Him at times, I let laziness get the better of me … hmmm, this proves again that going the extra one inch for God will be worth it coz He will give back more than a million zillion yard …
Yes, I am feeling much more better than before I went in for the class.


Dearest Heavenly Father, thank you for telling me and reassuring me again and again that I am not alone. AMEN.


p.s during the session, the thought of asking the speaker to be my god mum came to my mind … I do not know … maybe I should pray about it.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 7:41 AM, |

0 Comments: