The Lord is risen and so have I!

Sunday, April 08, 2007



7th April 2007 is a special day.

It marks the day that I, Francesca, officially become a child of God.

Looking back, this journey has been wonderful. The calling was probably there when I was ten years old. I said yes, rather innocently after attending a Church camp. But back then, there was not much soil to speak of and His words just fell on to the stone ground and died.

Somehow, God remembers that I had said yes and He is faithful. He has kept watch over me all these years and He brought me back to Him about two years plus ago. That is when I really felt released of worldly bondages. I found the purpose of my existence in this world.

The journey was filled with joy, peace, hope and love. I have learnt many things – how to be a better person, how to love others, how much God loves me, how to trust Him in all things… there were sad times, fearful days but somehow, God walks with me and lifted me through all those dark moments. I have made many wonderful bros and sises in Christ.

I am thankful for this journey of faith. I am thankful for all that He has showered upon me and for choosing me to be a part of His family. Thankful that I have such a hardworking/prayerful priest who made the event a memorable one for us, who made sure that we are prepared for the journey ahead.

Heavenly Father, I thank you for calling me to be your daughter, thank you for sending your hardworking angels to help me be more aware of areas where I am weak. For constantly helping me to be the light of the world. Thank you Heavenly Father for blessing me with a supportive family, and friends and for guiding me in everything that I do. Heavenly Father, I pray that you continue to watch over all the neophytes and help them to discern the gifts that you have planned for us. I make this prayer, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Labels:

 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 11:46 PM, |

0 Comments: