What do you do when temptation come knocking at your door?

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Well, I have learnt that temptations come in various forms and means. Some are easy to identify. Some are not.

But I learnt that whenever in doubt, whenever I feel unsure, I just need to turn to God and He will give me an answer.

During the week, I was troubled – should I take up the offer or not, coupled with the fact that my colleague is leaving (which means I need to train new staff), never ending work plus other commitments awaiting me. I was tempted to just leave everything and take up the offer. But something is holding me back.

A sis commented “wa, I would feel bad if I just tender when there is still so much undone.”

Another commented – not all open doors are from God. You need to discern.

Another two friends commented “you are unsure now but maybe you will get your answer after this weekend” (Indeed …)

The comments triggered a thought in me. Yes, my current bosses have been very understanding towards me. Especially during the time that I need to go away for my wedding. I should not do such thing.

Then I asked for His guidance. As it happened during/after the 1st week of Lent, I turned to read the reflection. It talks about Pride, and power …. The reading was about Jesus being tempted by the Devil while He was in the wilderness. I did not link his temptations to mine at first but slowly, things became clearer.

Baptism retreat was round the corner but I was telling Pete that how time seems to fly that I have not really prepare myself for the retreat, and the baptism. If I take on the new job, my life will be in a greater mess – how to find time to go for sessions, how to take leave etc. The whole thing just do not seem to gel.

During the retreat, I learnt a lot more – about God’s plan for me, about sins and temptations, about community, about the other more important things in life like Friends, Family and relationship and about myself. I asked Father T – how would I know if what has been offered to me is from God even after praying? Father gave a simple answer – after you have decided on the path to take and you prayed, do you feel at peace?

Well, it makes perfect sense. I did not feel the peace. I did not feel peace if I take up the offer. I did not feel the peace if I just leave what I am currently doing behind. Plus, the new job would mean less personal time with my love ones, to go for wedding mass with my choir etc coz it is a requirement to work on Saturday.

In a nutshell, I have decided and I should just focus on my baptism and go forth in faith and walk in His light.

Labels:

 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 11:06 PM, |

1 Comments:

I've decided to go ahead - talked about what i was uncomfortable with and they listened and accomodated.