Love - an emotion or a decision?

Sunday, April 29, 2007
Today’s homily by a visiting priest was good – Father Simon Tan … cracked jokes in teochew … quite funny and yet he brings the points acrossed.

Love – is it an emotion or decision?

I learnt during EE that love is a decision. Somehow, along the way, I had forgotten this. Thankfully, Father Simon reminded me again today that Love is a decision. Love does not die/will not die. Love is not based on emotions…

As Christians, we often hear the word “calling”. What is our calling? What is my calling? Before answering our call to marriage, to religious life, our calling as Christians is really to LOVE.

It is not an easy task but with Jesus as the focus, it is easier to love.

Yes, I was inspired during the Mass to go forth and love and an incident in the afternoon made me realized that I need to constantly make a decision to love, a decision to see beyond my own needs to serve others.

Lord, help me to love others just like how you have loved me…

Labels:

 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 10:40 PM, |

0 Comments: