Tuesdays with Morrie

Wednesday, June 27, 2007
"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they are busy doing things they think are important. This is because they are chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."

~from page 43, Tuesdays with Morrie...

I can't agree any more what this chunk of words. Many a times, I get too caught up with the world, thinking that by pushing myself harder, I am giving myself and/or the people around me a better life... that may not always be the case ...

Monday, I had a car accident... thankfully, no one was injured. So I had to start taking public transport - not so bad but need some getting used to...

Tuesday - attended two meetings in the afternoon ... it didn't leave any pleasant after-taste. I saw some ugly things and I hope that I won't end up like that. However, at the end of the day, I received my CD - so that sort of cheered up an otherwise tiring day (my neck and shoulders were aching like mad from Monday's accident)...

Wednesday - went to see doctor for the ache .. the doctor was cute ... I saw him earlier and I thought he was a little kid. haha. He did not give me MC but just some medicine and gel for my aches... went to the library, found the book - Tuesdays with Morrie and was reading it since after dinner...

Friends who know me know that I have stopped reading for a long time - probably I have realised that it is a waste of time reading novels, and other books are too boring... yes, this is the first time that I am reading a book continuously ... hope to gain new in sights to my life ...

Maybe it is a blessing in disguise that I am now without my own transport. I am able to do things that I would not be able to do with the car e.g, just drop off at any MRT station to go for shopping/library whenever I feel like it ...

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 10:18 PM, |

1 Comments:

  At June 28, 2007 10:52 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
yo yo...

Ya, it's so easy to get lost in this world. Glad tat u have started reading again :D

Maybe u wan to read another book by that author - 5 ppl u meet in heaven. Can borrow from me.