My Best Friend

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Blogging helps one to relieve stress. By penning down tots/events that bog us, that makes us happy, that makes us sad, we are able to face life better (I suppose?)

I was reading the blog of my best friend. As I continue reading, a question came to my mind – where was I, in her life, during all these while? Especially when she needs company most, I wasn’t with her. I feel that I have let her down. I am so involved in my own life that I forgot abt her, thinking that she is strong and if she choses certain decision, she will have the strength to carry through and she has lots of other friends (or she doesn’t need friends) to see her through.

Many a times, whenever I am faced with problems (mostly self-created by myself ) or when I need a listening ear, I would turn to her for guidance, advice or just someone to talk to. She is always with me, supporting me. Though time and again, I have made the same mistakes, she never fails to lose her patience with me.

Probably it was how we met.

She was my JC classmate. Initially, my impression of her wasn’t very good. I thought that she was just one of those act sweet girl *puke*. I got to know her further when she initiated an outing – just the both of us coz I was feeling really down when I got an E8 for my English literature. Back then, my entire world just collapsed! I feared that I can no longer continue my studies at my favourite JC, I got to leave all my friends …. I cried myself silly for a few days (trust me, I never cry much in my life. Not even when my heartless boyfriend two-timed me and dumped me at the later stage.) When no one seems to care, she called me and we went out for bubble tea … our friendship blossomed from there. =) (Those were the good old days.)

This friend of mine is always with me. I must have taken her for granted – all these years …. Well, my dear friend, if you are reading this, can you believe, we have known each other for TEN YEARS!!! Gosh! I feel so old.

Well, I am suppose to write about her. She is the most sensible one among us. While I am one who follows my heart/instinct, she always appear so sane, logical and deeply rooted to the ground. I guess I did not move beyond her front. Deep down, she may be a confused soul, trying to be strong for people around her coz we all need her to be around us – to offer comforting words, sound advice (though it is not things you want to hear.)

Thank you, God for sending her to me. She is Your faithful servant whom You sent to guide me, to help me up when I fall during the time I was walking along the sinful path. I pray that as she is going through her life now, at this stage where there are many uncertainties, unsure of the future, not knowing who to trust, I pray that she will find peace in Your shelter, that she will move on bravely coz You, our almighty God, is holding onto her right hand. Give her the courage to move forward, to experience Life and not to escape due to fear of being hurt. You love us so much and I believe that every event that happens in our lives is for Your pleasure. I pray that You will take away my self-centredness and let me know a person beyond the façade that they had put on. Let me be Your instrument to spread peace, joy and love to the people around me. I lift all these through Jesus Christ, Amen.

 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 4:52 AM, |

0 Comments: