Stupid? Loser? Do not worry ....

Saturday, October 15, 2005


Today is yet another busy day. Rushing reports and, helping colleagues with their questions. It has been fun (ok, I think I am crazy but if I am hired, I would prefer that they let me do some things than to be rotting, and pretending to be busy @ work.)


In the midst of all these, some friends are having difficulty @ their workplace.

One went for an interview but came back feeling lousy (“stupid” was the word used).

Another is having problem with the boss (in this case, I supposed it is more of a case of mismatched expectations). As a result, this friend of mine felt lousy – to the extent of asking “Am I just exam smart and hence I can’t deliver?”

Third case – this guy is a freshie. He is being interviewed for an attachment with a company but this interviewer just wrote felt that he does not have the relevant experience that they are looking for?

Are employers not willing to give people who want to change their career paths/ people who are really inexperience a chance to prove themselves?

For all my friends (if you are reading this), do not feel bad about yourself. God created you. Hence, if you think that you are stupid and are a loser, are you implying that the creator is stupid too? Coz He made you in His image.

Pray over it – for Faith in Him and not be disheartened.

He may have other plans for you – plans that we cannot see at this point of time but will unfold in front of you in His time.


For me, I used to get very upset (maybe even depressed) when I see my friends getting into Big Four (previously known as Big 5) but not me. Now, I realized that I am meant for other things. I am not meant to slog my life away in the Big 4. Instead, I went to a local audit firm, then accounting line. So far, my work life has been pretty smooth. (Thank God for all these blessings).

I did not ace at all the interviews. I can go for an interview but I get so tongue tied that I totally made a fool of myself in front of the interviewers. I can forget what I want to say or what I should say. At the end of the day, I just know that the job was not meant for me.

My JC school principal always said “when a door is closed on us, many other doors/windows are opened”. Hence, we should not be so hung up that we cannot open this particular door but look around, there are many other doors available. If you can’t see any opened doors @ the moment, stay in the room but dun give up searching. =)

Hmm, I have talked too much here… just want to leave behind a passage that I came across this morning.



Do Not Worry (Luke 12)
22Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]? 26Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

27"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! 29And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

32"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


How true … let’s all seek first His kingdom and put all our faith in Him.


“Hence, all depends on faith, everything is grace.” Romans 4:16

 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 4:31 PM, |

1 Comments:

  At October 15, 2005 10:38 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Thank you gal. For being there. For the encouragement.
For the friendship.