Am I willing?

Tuesday, December 27, 2005
So much so for knowing that God loves me but what happens if God asks me to do something for Him?

We read – about what Moses was tasked to do, what Abraham was tasked to do and even Mary.

What happens when God asks me to do Him a favour? Would I love Him enough to do what He told me to do? Would I be as courageous? Would I deny Him? Would I run away like what Jonah had done?

I dunno.

I have these thought all these while. I dunno why but I am just afraid of the unknown. Yea. It is easier to say “I’ll follow You. Let Your will be done on earth as in heaven”. But when the time comes, will I be ready?

I dunno. I can only pray and bear in mind that the Lord will provide.

There are a few trigger points for the above thoughts.

1. when reading about what the saints had done, even what Jesus, Abraham, Moses and Mary had done.
2. when dearie asked – what happens if I decide to become a priest before we get married.
3. when I come across friends who are facing a very very difficult situation.
4. things now are soooo good for me. It's so unbeliveably good. What will happen when things are not so good? Would my faith falter?

I know I am being paranoid. I can only pray that I focus on Him and let all things fall into place and to really act out the prayer – let Your will be done on earth as in heaven.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 8:17 AM, |

0 Comments: