Qing Ming - Grave Sweeping

Monday, April 10, 2006

Joined my folks in the Qing Ming activity today.

Prayed for God’s protection and guidance – in case they want me to offer joss sticks to my late grandparents and uncle.

Thankfully, they understand and did not bug me. Thank you Lord for the protection.

Also, while getting to my late granddad’s grave, my dad could not find the way. I said a short prayer asking for His guidance and thankfully, we reached a junction and we asked the policeman on how to get to the place.

Though I did not hold the joss sticks, this day served as a day where relatives get together, to remember the dead and to catch up with the living.

 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 5:59 AM, |

2 Comments:

yoz...i think it is fine to offer joss stick to ur ancestors as a form of respect and honor. This is different from worship.
i am also trying to find out and balance this. but it seems like different people have different perspective.