Probability, Possibility and Certainty

Sunday, July 30, 2006
The lesson on thurs was on the Last Supper and Father Cyril was presenting the chapter… like I mentioned before, Fr. Cyril always provide interesting insights to the gospel – the ideas presented can sound ‘cheam’ and there are times that I could get lost but nevertheless, each time, I would walk away with one point from his talk.

On Thursday, Fr said that Jesus must have knew about the probability that he was being disliked – especially by the priests and Pharisees (because of his preaching), possibility that his return may not be welcomed and the certainty that he would be harmed, he continued on his journey, his mission on earth.

I thought to myself – yes, I can apply this to my daily life.

Currently, work is piling up faster than I can reduce them and also one of my support staff is leaving, another colleague is moving on to take on her role and I need to fill in the gap to take over this colleague – and so far, none of the candidates seem suitable. So, come August, I may need to turn into an octopus.

On top of all these, I have my personal matters to attend to and issues to consider. I was entertaining a thought – how nice if I can just tender and go for holiday and look for a job after I return but I guess I am not a risk taker to do this. I would definitely freak out and slumb into depression.

Anyway, what Fr said inspired me – YES, I should lift it all to the Almighty God to take care of things for me. I just need to walk on – I may not know how tomorrow may turn out but I just need to walk close to God. There may be a possibility, probability and certainty that life may not be a bed of roses and smooth sailing but I know that God is with me – just need to open my heart, eyes and ears to sense him.

Yes Heavenly Father, thank you for the message brought to me through Fr. Cyril. Lord, I pray that all of us were touched by your words on Thursday and each of us will walk on in greater faith. Lord, watch over Paulina and her family as they take on another journey in USA. Lord, thank you for the food and the companionship that you have provided for us on Thursday. Amen.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 6:23 AM, |

0 Comments: