Swimming in the Sin of Anger

Monday, September 25, 2006
Oh no. I have been swimming in the sin of anger since dunno when.

As I was going through the reflection sheet, I realize that I am guilty of many. Just take the recent case of me being accused of not doing my work. Of course I was mad but I failed to turn to Jesus or did not try as hard to turn to Jesus to take away my hurt. Instead I let it control me and turned me into a monster. =(

One scripture text struck me:

Eph 4:26-27
If you become angry, do not let your anger lead you into sin and do not stay angry all day.

Ok – I got angry, very very mad and refused to be pacified and I was holding on to this anger for more than a day.

these other passages struck me as well ...
Proverbs 29:11
Stupid people express their anger openly, but sensible people are patient and hold it back

Yup, I am one of those stupid people – thinking that I am being smart.

Proverbs 29:22
People with quick tempers cause a lot of quarreling and trouble

Yup. I agree. Lately, I do not know if it is work stress, marriage stress or what. I just seem to get angry easily with the people around me. Easily irritated.

Hmm, the topic of sin of anger comes at the right time. God’s timing I suppose?

Well, Heavenly Father, thank you for pointing out to me my flaws. Lord help me to get rid of my sin of anger before I hurt more people. Lord, grant me your peace.

Lord, help to me see that all other things do not matter as long as I am pleasing you with my actions.

Lord, I commit the new week ahead to you. Lord I promise that I turn to you for strength and to conquer evil with good. If my enemies are hungry, Lord, grant me an open heart to feed them. If they are thirsty, that I may be generous to give them a drink. Lord, I turn to you for strength and patience. Heavenly Father, I have been going round this cycle for too long. I want to get out of it and move on.
Lord, help me. Thank you Lord, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 7:00 AM, |

0 Comments: