Advent

Friday, November 17, 2006
We had an interesting class yesterday where the speaker shared about Advent and Christmas.

Advent = coming. Coming of Christ. For Christians, this is a period of Penance and Joy, a time where we relive His fist coming and a time where we anticipate for His second coming.

She posed a question – Am I ready to meet Him should He call me at this moment.

I pondered …there is a song that sings about God calling us back in the middle of the night without warning and what have we to bring to Him – we cannot bring what is in this world to His Kingdom and if we do not start building His Kingdom, there would be nothing to show Him when we meet Him eventually ….

No, I am not ready to meet Him.

I would have too many sins, pride and anger still in me. There are still things that I cannot let go - my pride, my anger at a colleague just because she is like a nagging, boot licker.

My “unglam” behaviour …

What can I do? I suppose I should live each day as if it is my last and to offer each day to God.

Lord, help me to focus my life on you, to do your will rather than my will. Amen.


On a lighter note, have you ever wondered what is the meaning of the song “twelve days of Christmas”?

It is actually a song composed many years ago (around 15++) to spread the faith in England (apparently from 15xx to 18xx, Christians – or Catholics? – faced persecution and in order to teach the young about the faith, this song was composed.)

Want to guess what does 1 to 12 symbolise? =)
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 7:55 PM, |

0 Comments: