My Thoughts

Sunday, November 05, 2006
Criticism.

No one likes to be criticized and it is usually hurting.

However, Father mentioned about criticism out of love. Criticism, if done constructively and said in a correct manner/tone, can help to convey positively a point across to another person and it will help the other person to grow.

Father also mentioned that it is human’s reflex to counter criticism with another negative point.

How true. This homily for the newly married couple can be applied to me.

Many a times, I mention about being life giving to my spouse but I realized that this is easier said than done.

On Thursday, I left the car in a messy state. Though he did comment a few times about the condition, I did not pay heed to it. It was until Thursday that his comments sank in. I wasn’t being fair to him coz he would take the extra effort to clean the car every Saturday while I am at work and after the weekend is over, I would just take a nice, clean car to work and would sometimes “mess” up the car by leaving my barang in the car in an disorderly manner.

Hmmm, I admit that I have my pride and did not take the comments well. However, after thinking through and reflecting on the points made, I realized that I have failed to play my part in maintaining the cleanliness of the car.

This one incident is just an example of how it may affect other areas of our lives and relationship.

There are lots to learn from each other and I am thankful that God is guiding me.


A marriage – is to die to oneself and to give unconditionally to the other person.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 7:23 AM, |

0 Comments: