Spiritual Journey

Thursday, November 02, 2006
Fr T laid down his final warning that we better find our godparent soon – else no baptism. *shudder*

*~*~*

Before anyone writes him off as being harsh, I do understand where he is coming from and a few people I have spoke to actually told me to be careful in who I asked as the role of godparent is to help me grow spiritually after my RCIA sessions end.

Actually I have myself to blame as I have been rather slack in approaching people and asking them, “excuse me, will you be my god pa or god ma”. It is so daunting to ask this question to ‘stranger’. Those whom we are close with – they do not qualify as they have their roles to play….

Anyway, out of the few I asked, I realised that not many are willing to commit. Maybe they know the huge responsibilities that come along and thus say no.

I admit that I was worried and thought about what would happen at the end of the day – when all my friends get baptised except me and made the mistake of asking them to be my godpa/ma even without knowing them. Anyway, dearie brought me back to my senses and I concluded that I should leave it to Him to guide me.

Fr always says that the journey is not about getting baptised at the end of the 2 years but to always have a spiritual journey… I agree too and hence, even if I am unable to get baptised, this RCIA journey has been very rewarding.

Like what Gillian (my new found friend) told me, I should focus on serving Him and not let any other matters distract my motive for serving Him and who knows, He may have something better in stored for me. =)

A prayer that I have at my work station that serves to remind me to turn to Jesus, the giver of good gifts:

“Jesus, I believe that you are the giver of all good gifts. I proclaim that you have a perfect plan for my life. I give you my old heart and ask you to exchange it for a heart that burns with love for you. Help me, Lord, to lay down my yoke and to take up yours instead. Jesus, I trust in you.”

 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 3:39 AM, |

0 Comments: