My wonderful God

Monday, November 20, 2006
A beautiful day, with wonderful sharings.

I received my affirmation today with regards to my godma.

I had found my godma but I sometimes wonder if she feels comfortable with me – reason being, I just approached her – we didn’t know each other before hand and I heard horror stories about godparent’s dropping out halfway through the journey.

But thanks be to God who has been answering my prayers – I prayed that He helped to strengthen this relationship, I prayed for the growth in this relationship. God has been answering my prayers. From the awakard initial start, I believe the relationship has grown.

Just like we need to give a seed water, sun and soil for it to grow healthily, this relationship can be nutured.

I met my godparents at the coffee shop today and we had breakfast together (we didn’t plan it, God did)– this allowed us for further fellowship.

During BOW, she shared about how she came to be my godma – prayers and affirmation.

During BOW, through her sharing, I received affirmation from God that she is the one I had asked God for and I should trust in Him to let things work..

How wonderful is the power of God. While I was praying hard for a godparent to appear, she has been praying hard as well. =)

Also, two others shared on how God answers their prayers.

One has a grandchild who is rather weak in her school work. Her grandma did not give up on her but continued to pray for her year after year even though the situation seemed to have gotten worse each year…. She said that she prayed for 6 years and God showed His love for the child and family. Grandma asked for a above average pass in the primary 4 streaming (coz it is really a sad case for a child – who may be a late bloomer – to be condemned to EM3). God gave them more than what she asked – He sent the child to EM1. Everyone was surprised! But praise be to God as Grandma really felt God answering her prayers and I was really touched by her sharing.

Another lady – has to look after austic child. This is not an easy task and she shared that she asked God to teach her how to love the child and to help the boy. She shared that she was trying to teach the boy to hold a pencil but without much successful. Then an idea was planted to her head that she can start by asking a boy to use cloth peg to move marbles. After some practice, the boy can now hold a pencil and can even recognize words.

God is really wonderful and is generous with His gifts to all who loves Him.

Thank you Heavenly Father. *hug hug!*
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 6:22 AM, |

0 Comments: