My Spiritual Journey

Sunday, December 10, 2006
We were tasked to prepare the parishioners for Advent. Through this preparation, we were faced with many obstacles … for myself, I felt drowned.

For the first time, I felt that I did not want to go for my Thursday class, knowing that there will be long (endless) meetings even though it was getting late (with people giving suggestions/orders when they themselves were probably not working on it).

I was wondering if what I felt was wrong but I decided not to go coz I had been having headaches almost every day since Monday and thought I should go back for an early rest.

However, the movie that I watched on Friday makes me realized that I should not care about what the other people doing, I should not care if they are doing less. I should not care if they are doing it for their own ego or their own pride. I should not bother if there are only a few people helping out and what happened to the rest of the people.

I should just do my part coz I am doing God’s work. I am doing it for Him. I should trust that He will see me through.

I went to help out for today’s decoration. Though I can’t draw, I helped to hold the ladder, helped to see if the letterings are crooked … I feel that I am not of much help but nevertheless …. *shrug* the turnout today was worse than last week … but with God’s grace, we still managed to put up the decorations.

I learnt that I should put aside my own pride/hostility and be really humble – to accept help and to offer a hand ... in whatever small ways that I am able to do. I guess this is what God wants us to do. Just like He chose Mary and Joseph to be the parents of His Son – who are just normal humble folks.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 3:45 AM, |

0 Comments: