What is LIFE all about?

Monday, September 26, 2005
Today’s theme: What is life all about?

Really, what is life all about?

I spent the morning at my Grandma’s house. She had cooked laksa today – super duper yummy. But as I watched her prepared the laksa, I couldn’t help but feel that she is very old (almost 80?) and she is still a very determined lady. I wish I could be like her – to face on life’s challenges as they come along but one thing I have to be different is to learn to be able to let go of my burden.

The last time I really spent time @ her place was like so many year ago – hmm, probably since my auntie took over the cooking. To prevent causing any inconvenience to my auntie, we decided to settle our own dinner on every Sunday and as a result, such family gatherings had decreased and it was also about the same time she had gotten naggy, always harping on old, repeated issues. I could say that those were her burdens which she either refused to let go or cannot bear to let go and soon, people around her got tired coz no amount of talking seem to help …….

What can I do? I suppose I can only offer my prayers and a listening ear. That she be strong no matter how badly people around her is treating her (because of their selfishness, for their own gain etc) and for her to let go of her burden. Or maybe that the thing she is holding on so dearly to has sentimental value for her – it is hard to let go when you have built your entire life around it…

How do I want to live my life?

Well, at first, the thought of being a career woman interests me. But what does it bring me? I realised that I am not cut out to be one.

What about a life as a single girl – earning her own money and spending it at her every own whims and fancy. Though it sounds fantastic, (I can go for all the spas I want, manicures and pedicures etc), I realised that it is rather empty …

I suppose it is through sharing (the good and the bad), and to be able to walk down my entire life together with the special person till we are both very old and yet still be very loving and patient (well, when one gets old, there is bound to be hormonal imbalance – woman will become like man and man will become like woman [e.g. naggy]). *ha-ha*

The beauty of life lies in the fact that when two different persons come together with one common goal to make their time on Earth well spent. For two persons to decide to come together, and to accept each other faults (even the bad habits of the spouse’s immediate family members) requires great amount of courage. We are always constantly filled with fear – “aiya, dunno can tahan his parent a not. Aiya, what if a better “candidate” comes along?” well, I can say that these worries are not bo liao but there is no point wondering all the ‘what ifs’ coz we cannot tell and it is not for us to say …

Our Big Boss decides all these ….
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 3:15 PM, |

0 Comments: