Dedicated to Jeslin & Cynthiabuffer ...

Saturday, September 24, 2005
Dear all =)
May the Lord's peace be with you. =)
It really warms my heart to see that there are people out there who want to know more about this Faith.
I have actually drafted something out last night but due to some reason, I did not have the time to complete it (Thanks Francis for shedding light this topic to Jeslin.)
Hi Jeslin, I saw your post about your burden and your question. Thanks for sharing. I suppose you feel better after getting it off your chest. =)

With regards to your question about the difference between Christianity and Catholic, I will try my best to share my knowledge with you. My understanding may be limited as I am also learning. So to play really safe, you may want to join a church to find out more or like what Francis said, come along with me this coming Thursday to find out more or you can come to Mass this Saturday at St. Anthony Church to experience the Eucharist celebration yourself =)

Christianity is defined as follower of Christ. Like what Francis shared with you earlier, this faith has many denominations and Catholics is one of them (there is a lot of history involved on how this came about. ) Despite the many denominations, we have one common goal - that is, to follow Jesus.

I receive my calling in a Protestant church but ultimately, I was brought by the Lord to Catholic church. I guess ultimately, you should join a church where you are most comfortable in.

Like I said earlier, the focus of the Church is on the Father (the CREATOR of Man), this Son JESUSS (who died on the Cross for the sins of Man) and the Holy Spirit (who is Man's advocate sent to guide Man after Jesus is resurrected.) (At this point, you may ask me "eh, I tot Catholics pray to Mary ..." Well, let me correct you - we do not pray to Mary .. Our prayers are always lifted up to Jesus just like how protestants pray.) Catholics HONOR Mary and the other saints ... (there is a difference between honoring and praying).

I suppose the stark difference is how we worship - at the protestant churches that I used to attend, it is lively - we'll start with singing and worship and then service. For Catholics, we call it Mass (not Service and the pastor is called a Priest or Father.) and usually Mass is a solemn affair (with lots of rites BUT rest assure that we do not pray to statues.... ). At Mass, we would celebrate Eucharist, breaking of bread and we have communion. I used to think that Mass was boring and I really wished it was livelier but now I have come to appreciate the beauty ... =)

hmm, the above is just my personal tots abt the difference between the two groups of Christians. For more information, I would like to invite you to take on the courage to find out more yourself.

for Cynthiabuffer, why you do not have a good impression on Christianity? Maybe you can share more? (I reckon you had some nasty experiences? People tried to 'hard sell'the faith to you?)

on finding life's direction, yes - I was at that juncture - I searched high and low for answer - read lots of self help books, talked to friends but I still cannot find inner peace. Jesus gave me the peace. He gave me a reason for living. =) He tot me that only He can give me steadfast love, be there for Me when I am in the dumps and it is only through Him that I can find true love =) I hope that you will not let the nasty experience affect you. Take that as a challenge to find out more - to see if other people are telling you the truth.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for giving us this wonderful thing called BLOGGING as it allows me to share my tots with people who are interested to know more abt You. Father, grant Jeslin and Cynthiabuffer the courage to take the first step out to seek Your Face. Lord, I pray that they will be receptive to Your call and respond for it is only through You that we will be able to find the inner peace that no other man or no other material things can give. Lord, knowing You is the most wonderful thing that has happened to me. Thank you for blessing me with this gift to put my tots into words and that I can be Your Lamp. I lift all these to you through Jesus Christ, AMEN.

 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 4:15 PM, |

3 Comments:

  At September 24, 2005 3:24 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Well well Cecilia has indeed carefully put into words what she has learnt n experienced so far this past few months.

I would just like to share more light on the part of Mass being a "solemn affair". Mass for us is also Praise n Worship, it is not generally looked at as solemn but taken seriously as we are gathered in the presence of the Lord to Celebrate the Eucharist.
It's how focused we are that makes it so beautiful to attend Mass and listen to God's word being related out to you. He is actually talking to us if we are listening from the heart.

So you got to experience it and listen to other ppl's testimonies/sharings that how God worked in the life that will help you understand about the Faith.

One testimony is Cecilia herself, the change she is feeling recently n challenges.

See how the Lamp prays to the Father thru the Son Jesus Christ, as Jesus has said , " No one goes to the Father but thru me, you will know the Father thru me."

May God shine " The Light of the World" upon all three of you and keep u safe.

God bless

Francis
thank you francis and cecilia,

I have attended a fri evening mass at church of st Mary of the angels. I Liked the church as I found my inner peace though it is my 1st time there but I feel connected to the place somehow. duo why..A really short mass: 30mins..kinda surprised as I thought that it will be a 2 hrs mass. My tears flowed down when they started singing at the begining of the mass and It flowed down again during the mass and later close to the end when I am queuing for the "white colour" biscuit. My tears flowed down again..3 times. I donno why. I cannot control it. I enjoyed the mass. I dun find it boring but I found inner peace.
  At September 24, 2005 1:47 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Hi Jeslin,

Thank you for your sharing, seems you felt the love of Christ at Mass that brought you to tears that you want to let go of things buried in you.Yup weekday Mass is abt 30/45 mins, weekend Masses are an hr or so.
Weekday Masses do not make up for weekend Sunday Masses btw, there are reasons for this.

The " White Colour biscuit" , is the center of the celebration of Mass. You said u queued for the " Host" ? Well you may queue for it but not receive it as you are not Catholic, jus be in the queque n cross your hands across your chest n the PRiest/Communion minister will bless you instead.

If you had taken the "Host" pls refund $1 to the donation box ......... hehehe just joking :)

Very true that tears fall when we go to Mass etc ......... even me also coz there is so much to tear apart from and be formed for innner peace.

To know the Rites/Rituals in Mass better to attend with Cecilia so she can share with you more.
Not right to have it in bloggs for everyone to read as it may cause more misunderstandings if the one reading is reflecting on other ppls "comments" rather then experiencing it.

When you take one step towards knowing God , He will come a mile closer to you !!! Amen

Your journey has begun my friend.

Shalom
Francis