Meaningful, Wonderful Weekend

Monday, October 17, 2005
the message given to me over the weekend @ the healing Mass ...
Isaiah 30:20 (New International Version)

Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them.
a reminder that i should focus on Him and Him alone. no matter how adverse the situation is, i know i will not be left alone. He will deliver me through ....
How can it be done?
Luke 1:35
"The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. "
This is what i learnt on Saturday ... leave all to Him and let Him be my guide.
__________________________

Sunday.
there was parish assembly (PA) where we are all to come together to discuss what our pastoral concerns are.

before attending the PA, the boyfriend was contemplating whether he should skip the PA and go do his readings or to go (since he had never been to a PA and would like to go.)

as usual, since he asked for my opinion, i told him that if he had earlier decided to come for this, he should manage the time and since we have signed up, we should turn up. and we should always seek first His kingdom. i felt that these few hours would be good for us. but on my way there, i asked myself if i am too harsh on him. i asked god if i had done the correct thing .... i felt bad. his exams is coming up and work is busy and he rarely has time to read up .. there are only 17 more days to go and he needs to cover 6 chapters.

however, during mass, He answered me. He told me "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."
hmm, is there a more explicit explanation for me with regards to the situation above?
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 1:47 PM, |

0 Comments: