Rite of Bible Presentation

Sunday, January 08, 2006
Today we had our Rite of Bible Presentation. It marked another phase of my journey.

Prior to this rite, I was busy in the office and thought that I wouldn’t be able to make it for the rite. But thankfully with God’s grace, I am able to get to church on time.

I thought of giving this a miss but somehow, I still make my way to church.

At church, I was talking to A. and she shared with me that she didn’t feel like coming and it was V and me who gave her strength to come for this and to walk along.

I was surprised coz I myself is facing a dry spell – I had been quite slack – not spending enough quality time with Him.

Inside me, I am fighting my own demons. I sometimes dread going for class (prob I am tired but thankfully I am glad that I went for these classes coz I always come back more recharged). It just seemed like no words can get inside me. Maybe it is time to move on to the next phase.

During the rite, I wasn’t as nervous as the rite of acceptance but nevertheless, this is still a special moment. Especially when I received the bible from Father V. He said “let this be your guide in your life”… indeed. The bible contains the word of God and nothing will go wrong if I let God take charge.

During sharing, V shared that she herself is feeling shaky about her faith. It’s a surprise to me coz she is a totally different person from Day 1 and I thought that she is really having a good time, growing strong. It is like there seems to be more questions than before and she is not able to answer this questions.

Well, these are the same thoughts that A & I had. I later shared with V – to have questions is norm. We should not let these questions drowned us but we should move on stronger and look for answers by doing more reading and talking to the priests.

A few of us are undergoing a dry period (for some unknown reason). Some of us are still walking on, some had dropped out (but I pray that they will come back onto the path soon) while others are still going on strong. We can be each other’s support.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the wonderful rite of bible presentation. Your word will be my life’s guiding principle. A few of us are going through a dry spell in our journey. Lord, please give us the graces to continue on this journey. Let us not be distracted but continue to focus our attention onto you. You are our light. Continue to guide us. You give us strength when we are weak. You are the way, the truth and the life and whoever believes in you will never hunger or thirst. Thank you Lord for all your blessings. I lift up my thanks and prayers to you through Jesus Christ. AMEN.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 9:06 AM, |

1 Comments:

I was worried about my doubts. Nearly gave up but thanks Lord that I didn't. Despite the urge to be lazy and go back to the old 'free' life, I brought myself to the rite of bible acceptance. Feeling a bit ashamed that I actually have tots of giving up, somehow, I am able to be honest and confess it to my fellow sisters. It's surprised me that I am not the only one feeling so.

After much tots at home, I realised that this is the real journey. Only after we can conquer our doubts then can our faith and belief be stronger and take on a deeper roots. YES! The main point is NOT TO GIVE UP EVER. Just the same as what our Father will never do.