I was blind but now I see. I was deaf but now I hear.

Thursday, January 19, 2006
Had a short chit chat session with Father T. yesterday and I shared with him my vision …. (was quite nervous prior to meeting him and on my way to church, it was raining. I thought I would be late but with Lord's grace, I managed to arrive 5 minutes earlier)

Somehow, after sharing, things had become clearer for me and it seems like it is His will that I have the chit chat session with him instead of the other priests. The issue has sort of become clearer and it’s just waiting for the right time to happen and my readiness. I should just be bold and take the first step forward (ultimately it had been what I have been praying for - being His light, spread His love, prayers, reaching out to those who are not believers yet - but the form of what it means took me by surprise.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A question was posed to me – why do I want to become a Christian?

Well, I suppose this is beyond my control coz Heavenly Father is calling me. Like what I read in John last night – God will reveal Himself to those He has called. Those who are blind will be able to see and those who are deaf can hear.

I suppose we cannot take the words deaf and blind in literal sense but it is saying that before receiving God’s call, we are blind to His presence and we do not understand His word as we are deaf. But once He calls and you are ready to receive the Holy Spirit, all the clogged pores in your body will become clear and His love will just overwhelm you and what you dun understand in the past, you begin to understand. (NB: GSP, u should know the before and after me the best rite? =))

So I guess, why do I want to become a Christian is because of this calling and because I can see and hear Him now.

It’s strange how this calling comes about but I suppose He has a plan for me. He knows when to call me so that I can feel His impact and presence.

Life has definitely become better – not like it is a bed of roses now – but He gives me the strength and new insights as to how I should spend my time on earth. Thank you Lord! Amen!
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 7:59 PM, |

2 Comments:

me too...no longer blind and deaf. I strongly agree with you..he has called us and I am glad that I was called by him when I am most depressed and Now I have walked out ofthis darkness. Thanks to u too u r like a messenger sent by him
I was just heading His call. Thank God that you have kept an open mind. Continue to be open minded towards our Heavenly Father and let the Holy Spirit fill you up with lots of His amazing grace, love, joy and blessings!