What do you want?

Monday, January 16, 2006
“Here I am Lord, is it I Lord?”

This hymn was being sung as I went forward to receive my blessings during communion (on Saturday).

God has called me out from my darkness. The initial calling had left a strong impact on me. But I suppose, like all boy-girl relationship, the initial stage is always exciting. We are eager to get to know one another and would want to spend every minute of our time together. Things would later settle into a routine pace and may even turn ‘dull’.

I suppose spiritually, this is what is happening to me.

I had started a relationship with our heavenly Father. Like all couples, I guess I am passed the initial stage.

Like in today’s Mass reading, we see how Samuel responded to God’s calling, how St Paul urges all to use our bodies for God’s purpose and Jesus’ invitation for us to “come and see” where he is staying and his invitation for us to “stay with him”.

I seek and I found him. But the story doesn’t end there. I need to continue to keep an open mind and continue seeking him. In seeking, we may set out on a journey without answers and without knowing where exactly we will be heading. Going to anywhere unknown always leaves an unsecured feeling and as human, we tend to imagine how things would turn out. We began to have expectations and such expectations may even leave us unhappy and holds us back from going to Him.

These were my thoughts - Until today’s sharing.

A lot of them had answered God’s call. They do not know that they are able to do it until they submit all of themselves to Him and He delivers them through – like a person who does not know how to play organ but with God’s grace, she managed to find time to practice and being able to play confidently. There were many many examples. It is really beautiful coz I am with these people since day 1 and what they shared really bear testimony to His Grace.

I should not be afraid. Go forth with an open heart and stop thinking about all the what-ifs coz if that is His will, let it be done and He will give me the strength to go through it.

Seek the Lord with all my heart and let Him take charge and draw strength from Him. JUST DO IT!

Yes Lord, thank you for the wonderful sharing session that we had today. Though I wasn’t able to share much with my friends, You sent them forth to share Your wonderful Grace with me. I should not be afraid and should have confident in You. Forgive me for being such a scardy cat. Lord, please grant me the strength and if it is Your Will, let it be done. Just like Samuel, Your servant is listening. I lift myself up to You, in Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 6:44 AM, |

0 Comments: