Celebrating Valentine?

Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Tomorrow is Valentine's day and I suppose everywhere in the streets will be filled with couples - well dressed, holding nice bouquet of flowers, presents in the hand/inside the pockets, heading to fanciful restaurants.

Well, I think I am past that stage. What is important to me now is that all my love ones are healthy and happy and everyday can be V. day. Love is understanding when he needs his own space, when to be his support, when to shake him up from his bloody idea (ha ha), when to think about us and when not to think about "me". There is a lot of give and take in the process and both need to work together in order to strike a balance - not easy but we grow in the process and all these would not be possible without the guidance from God. Even the simplest meal at the hawker centre can be romantic. It's not where you are, or what you receive but who you are with and what you are giving. It has to be two ways. (hmm, the above does not only apply to BF/GF but relations with family members).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am going to spend a different V. day tomorrow. I have a date with dear dear and God. We are going to attend a bible study class. Well, if I am not mistaken, the study will be on Romans and since I am in the Romans group, it will be good to understand what Romans is all about. There might be something in store for us. Hmm, somehow, I am feeling excited - excited because dear dear and I are journeying together in our faith formation. It is different - I suppose when both of us have the same faith, there is an added dimension to our dating life. Sometimes, I do wonder what we would be doing if we did not have God. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
During our JC days, the whole week leading up to V. day is FRIENDSHIP week. We would give friends presents. I still remembered that my buddy gave each one of us in the class a rose and being her best friend, she gave me a rose with baby's breath (my fav) - hee hee hee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmm, for my single friends, V. day is also for you - gather all your friends together to celebrate the friendship you have with one another. ;) Plus, we have a greatest lover of all time - GOD - He loves us 365 days, and 24 hours a day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for Your blessings today. Thank you for all the nice friends you have given to me. Thank you for the lovely family members. Thank you for loving me - despite my imperfections. There is just so much to be thankful for. Thank you Lord. AMEN.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 7:24 AM, |

1 Comments:

happie valentine's day and friendship day..