Mission work, Ten Commandments

Monday, October 24, 2005
Just came back from another family gathering and I was bombed. haiz. i have only my lack of understanding to blame.

Uncle: I tot Christian cannot gamble (4D, toto only. He had not moved onto the topic of IR yet)

Aunt: One of the Ten Commandments said so.

Me: ... kept quiet ...

Upon reaching home, I turned to Exodus 20 - there is no mention about gambling in the Ten Commandments.

Haiz. Why do people like to comment about things that they do not know well and why didn't I bother to tell them about it.

I can only pray for them. Hmm, my list of people to pray for is getting longer ... I need to pray for my parents, my brothers, my uncle and aunty, my grandma, friends who are burdened/sicked/lonely, the sick world.

For those of you who are curious about what the Ten Commandments are all about, click here

Hmm, very tempted to email the list of Ten Commandments to my uncle... should I?

____________________

I went for a talk today.
It's titled "Windows on Mission". Contrary to the beliefs that missionary work ONLY means leaving your job and going to somewhere ulu to do God's work, we can start our mission right at our doorstep.
Mr. Kwan shared with us that we can do so by leading by example. That is, how we carry ourselves in the workplace is important. It is only through our actions that people will be able to see our difference and how our God is different from other gods. Ours is a loving God, a God who is steadfast and forgiving, a God who wants to be our friends and accepts us, imperfect beings as who we are.

It is great to be called to be His Child. In return, I want to do something for Him.
Father, please grant me greater courage and shower me with the fire of the Holy Spirit, to be able to stand steadfast in times of adversity ... Yes, I know Your face would not be hidden from me as You are with me, in every step of my life. Thank you my Lord. =) Amen.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 1:30 PM, |

1 Comments:

i think we must prepare ourselves 1st before facing those pple who r curious abt our faith. Haiz...I also going to face my judgement day on earth as my relatives will get to know abt my change in faith sooner or later.