Frances or Francine (latin or french?)

Friday, September 23, 2005
If i am given a chance to give a name for myself, i want to be known as Frances (latin) or Francine (French). Why Frances? Isn't the name your parents gave you good enough?

Yes. The name my parents gave me suit me really well. But I aspire to be like St.Francis of Assisi. There is this particular pray that I always remind myself of and I would like to share it with you (the readers):-


Lord, make me a channel of thy peace;
that where there is hatred, I may bring love;
that where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness;
that where there is discord, I may bring harmony;
that where there is error, I may bring truth;
that where there is doubt, I may bring faith;
that where there is despair, I may bring hope;
that where there are shadows, I may bring light;
that where there is sadness, I may bring joy.
Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted;
to understand, than to be understood;
to love, than to be loved.
For it is by self-forgetting that one finds.
It is by forgiving that one is forgiven.
It is by dying that one awakens to eternal life.


 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 4:49 AM, |

2 Comments:

  At September 22, 2005 2:33 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Wow choosing baptism name already :)

Is Francis (Latin) then huh ?

I see a New formation becoming of you and will guide you as best I can.

Keep the Faith

Francis
hey..like your prayer..hope u don't mind that I have copied the prayer onto my blog..to share with my frens