Who am I before and after?

Saturday, February 18, 2006
I met up with one of my best friends tonight to get b-day present for another best friend. However, we did not get anything from her but got distracted by the GG5 sale going on.

It had been a long time since I went shopping with her. This friend is very special to me. She was with me when I had my first breakup. Back then, I thought I was alright, that the breakup did not mean much to me. In fact, I was hurting like mad inside me (just that I either refused to admit it or I am just being too numbed). I refused to go home after work but would go shopping, walking from DG station to Orchard – every night without fail. Just to make myself dead tired so that I would just fall asleep.

Afraid that I would do something silly, she would without fail, accompany me to walk these aimless walks, even though her legs were protesting. I am really thankful for her friendship because at that time, we did not know each other really well and I did not expect her to show such concern.

It has been many years and our friendship had gone through periods of ups and downs.

Today, she commented that I had sort of drifted away from the usual gang and I had become quieter. Well, I kept quiet coz I was tired and I am just happy sitting there listening to the gang talking about their new jobs, new plans in their lives. I am just happy for them and I do not have anything to share with them and though I would like to share my faith with them, it is not really appropriate as they do not take it too well.

Hmm, maybe I had been ungrateful and had taken their friendship for granted. Sometimes, this is the problem when you are too familiar with the group.

Anyway, we went to talk about other topics today and updated each other on our lives etc. it had been a long while since we last chit chat (just the two of us). After she went home, she smsed me, commenting that I have grown up. I do not know because I do not feel it myself. She is not the first person to make such a comment and I do not know the reason for my change – is it because of my faith? My life experiences? My new responsibilities? My new commitments? New goals in life?

Actually, what kind of person am I before and what kind of person am I now?


Lord, forgive me for my sins and help me to become the person you want me to be. Lord, You are the potter and I am your creation. Lord, grant me the strength to become the person you want me to be. Lord, thank you for blessing me with such great friends. Friends who helped me through the valleys of my life. Lord, thank you for the wonderful chance to catch up with my friend and the opportunity to share with her how great a friend you have been to me. Lord, I lift up my thanksgiving to you through Jesus Christ. Amen.
 
posted by Francesca Cecilia at 9:59 AM, |

0 Comments: